Monday, April 27, 2009

Annaleisa and Terri


Alice and Terri






We all know we aren't supposed to wish our lives away, but, I'll be really, really glad when this month is OVER. I've had a car wreck, lost sunglasses, (I know it's trivial, but it was traumatic to me) broken my ribs, had two snakes in the yard, am trying to learn this new Blackberry, and I'm dealing with scanxiety.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest my ribs all ready feel a little better. April hasn't been all bad. I went on a girl trip to Hot Springs with my friends Alice and Terri. The weekend was wonderful all the way around. The weather didn't really cooperate, but we didn't care. We started out on Friday, and checked into The Arlington. Had martinis on the veranda, and a fabulous seafood buffet. I'm taking every opportunity to try new things. I had both beluga and salmon caviar, and it was delish! We stayed up until 3:00 laughing and talking. Saturday we started out early with "the baths" which by the way were pure heaven on these aching ribs! Baths were followed by a sauna and massages. I didn't bother to tell the masseuse about the ribs, actually I had forgotten about them by then. We had facials, manicures and pedicures in the afternoon, so the whole day was spent being rubbed, lotioned, oiled, and dipped in wax. We had an early dinner, and headed back to the veranda for drinks. We only stayed up until 2:00 on Saturday, I think we were so relaxed after a day of pampering that we were wiped out.
I had a happy birthday. Heard from lots of special friends, spent the afternoon with Judy, and had a surprise birthday party Friday night. Lana brought red velvet cake, and left it here. It's been birthday cake morning, noon, and night for the Boggses.

I'll finish this up with a request for prayers. My next scan is Monday, May 4. There is a spot the doctors are watching, hoping it's nothing.


















4 comments:

Paula McKaughan said...

So sorry to hear of all the bad things in April, but it looks like you had a wonderful birthday to boot! Praying for positive news on your upcoming scan. I hope you'll make it to the Relay on Friday night...what a way to start your May!!!

Annaleisa said...

I WILL be there. Judy and I will be picking our shirts up on Thursday night. Can't wait!

Gary said...

Hi Annaleisa

You probably don't remember me. i went to Anahuac the 6th and 7th grade. Your sister Allison gave me my first kiss at Whites park at her birthday party, I never forgot it :-). That was a day that will be with me for the rest of life. How is Allison doing, she probably doesn't remember me but you can ask her anyway.

Things are going to get better for you girl, you hang in there and keep your head up. You may remember my brother Stan, I think he was in your class or my sister's Genda and Sherry Oliver.

Be sweet.

Tell your sister I'm on Classmates.com and have looked for her but haven't found her. I've found several others that I knew but not the one I was looking for :-). Lee Morganroth actually gave me your site here.

Be sweet, Gary

Jo and Ryan Ward said...

Annaleisa,
I'm happy that you added my blog because now I know that yours exists! Keep up the fight, it seems like you are going through it like a trooper! Ups and downs come and go and it is exhausting. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
A formal introduction is weird to do online; however, my name is Jo. I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer when I was 19. Thanks for posting on my blog. :)