Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Treatment #9 did not go as smoothly as the other treatments went.

My appointment with Dr. Saez was a good one. He decided that we needed to adjust the oxalyplatin by a bit so that the nueropathy in my hands would not linger. He re-adjusted my schedule so that I won't have a treatment on Christmas Eve-whew! My last December treatment will be on New Years Eve. That works fine with me. We don't usually go anywhere on that night anyway.

I had a bad reaction to something in either the chemo, or the pre-treatment. Agitation, swelling in my hands, a bad rash on my hands and wrists, and nausea. Yuck. They stopped the treatment for about 45 min., and gave me more benadryl. That seemed to work. When they restarted the chemo, they slowed the drip down quite a bit. Made for a long day. I got home about 3:30. I'm grateful I didn't have to drive back from Paris!

I still owe everyone Thanksgiving and pre-Thanksgiving stories. Hopefully I will get that done by Friday.

For now I'm going back to bed. Thank you all for your continued prayers. Please remember the sweet Atkinson family, Tynus, Hilary, Worthie, Judy, and everyone else touched by Cancer, or hardship in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take care you...sounds like a bad day,sorry for that. You will overcome all this , I am praying many times a day..and I know God is going to bless you. There is baby in Sheveport, Ethan Powell, he is going through the same right now..my son and family go to Church with his family, very sweet kids...He has a web site, ethanpowell.com Keep him in your prayers please, also..God bless you, and your family Annalisa..and give you healing,and comfort. In His Love, Mary Anne