Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It has been a busy, crazy month! Aunt Joby sent me a note and said that it sounds like we are having "open house". She's right!! Uncle Buddy and his daughter Sharon dropped in one Saturday. What a shock! They drove up from Anahuac, and Houston just to spend the day. I haven't seen Buddy since last March. He was always one of my favorite people. All the kids could count on him to have red dentine chewing gum in his pockets. He would throw us all off when he'd switch to green! I haven't seen Sharon in years. We spent the day visiting, and then I made jambalaya for everyone. I hope to see them again soon. Uncle Buddy is now raising miniature cattle. I have to check that out.

Sarah, Bryan, Joe, and Carmella were all here from Wednesday through Saturday for Thanksgiving. I cooked ahead, and we were able to have lunch about 1:30. That's a record for the Boggs Bunch. The table was really pretty. I'm still trying to figure out how to add pictures to this blog :(. Computers aren't my thing, and html--forget it!

I got the tree up on Sunday, after Thanksgiving, but didn't finish it till yesterday. I had some light issues this year, and just didn't want to deal with it. The house is upside down right now. Christmas decorations and storage boxes are everywhere. Sarah's friend Mindi dropped by yesterday and said that the house looks like it threw up Christmas. She's right. We worked on wreath ribbons, and had a good time.

I went into the shop Thursday morning, and stayed until around 12:00. Don and I drove over to Shreveport in the afternoon, and did some shopping at the Boardwalk mall. It was really nice, there were no crowds, and we just strolled leisurly, and window shopped. We had a wonderful dinner that night, then drove back to M.P. the next morning. I was back at the flower shop by 11:00, and stayed until almost 5:00. I tied bows for poinsettas all afternoon.

I probably overdid it, because I wasn't worth shooting Saturday. I wish I had an internal alarm that would go off when I'm doing too much. I never know until it's too late.

I've been watching all the Christmas Specials, Charlie Brown's Christmas, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, etc. I made Don sit down with me last night to watch Charlie Brown. He wasn't pleased, but he was a trooper. He doesn't get into the spirit of Christmas until around midnight on Christmas Eve. That's such a waste of a wonderful, uplifting season. It's almost over before he starts enjoying it. I've been listening to Christmas music since Thanksgiving. I just love it.
I think I'll try to find Jim Carey's Grinch movie today. Don can watch that tonight!

I've made my "to do" list for today, and it's growing. This is the first day in as far back as I can remember that the house is quiet. No one's here but Hazel, Pops, and me! No excuse for not getting that list finished.

I'll be going in for labs on Friday, and the 10th treatment is scheduled for Monday, the 10th. I've been prescribed some pre-meds, so hopefully, there will be no reaction this time. After this, 2 more to go. I CAN DO THIS!! I have been blessed through this whole ordeal. I have learned to live everyday with a grateful heart, and to not take anyone, or anything for granted. God's blessings show up in the simplest things, and the blessings are all around us, we just have to be still, and they appear all around us.

I'm praying special prayers for Tynus and D'Auan, Judy, Worthie, Hillary, and their families today, I hope you will be too.

1 comment:

Mica said...

Hi Annaleisa -

You are definitely on the home stretch! One of the things we have learned about cancer is that a major factor for success is being able to endure the treatment plan as prescribed - no small feat, eh? I'm sure for mom and dad there were many steps forward they endured simply because the calendar kept moving forward! It seems God's grace is sometimes simply His faithfulness in making the sun come up everyday ... :-)

I hope it encourages you to know that we are having a wonderful holiday season as well! Mom is busy all the time and we have many, many plans for this month.

Keep up the good work and thank you for finding the energy to keep your blog updated!!

Merry Christmas
Mica