Sunday, December 30, 2007

Post Christmas

Christmas at the Boggs' house was all we had hoped it would be. The kids were all here, and we had many happy times together. I was able to have my "borrowed" granddaughter here on Friday. We baked so many cookies, I've not been able to give them away fast enough! We agreed that we aren't going to wait for a special occasion for her to come back over.

The kids came in late Saturday night, and they all stayed until Thursday. Joe will be coming back through on Wednesday on his way to Enid. Sarah is flying back to FL, from Austin, and Bryan is back in Arlington planning a New Year's Eve party for his friends.

We had dinner with friends last night, and it was so relaxing! It's always nice to have a quiet visit with girlfriends when you know the guys are busy watching football.

I was so happy that chemo was put off for a week. I feel stronger than ever. No nueropathy in my hands or feet, a voracious appetite (lack of appetite has never really been a problem for me). I had my labs done on Friday morning, and am scheduled for round 11 on Monday. I hope that the white cells will be cooperating after the busy Christmas season. I'll be going into 2008 connected to the pump. Hoping that it will be a better year.

A friend of mine posted this on another forum and I thought I'd share with everyone. This is my wish for all of my family, friends, and neighbors for the new year:

My Wish for You in 2008

May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words................

May 2008 be the best year of your life!!!

2 comments:

Tynus' Cancer Journey said...

Keep up the good work, so glad that Xmas was wonderful!

You can do this!!!

Love you, D'Auan

Anonymous said...

Annaleisa, I so enjoyed the pictures of the dogs. I showed them to all of my Chrismtas guests.
Stephen especially liked them.
Glad ya'll had a great Christmas.
The Hasandras asked about you when I saw them at Josh's wedding.
So did Steve and Sally!
Glad this regimen of treatment is almost over for you!!!
Love, Kathy