Wednesday, December 19, 2007











I learn something new with every treatment. Steroids are not my friend. The doctor prescribed pre-meds before this last treatment. We were hoping to avert the reaction I had the time before. The steroids caused a loss of equilibrium. I couldn't bend over, roll over or move too fast, for almost a week! I've been promised that they won't put me through this again.

On the other hand, I'm really lucky that I've had so few side effects through all of this. I think about my friends who have felt this way after every treatment. They are my heroes! I will do this, I only have 2 more treatments.

My dear friend and colleague, Deana, retired from Country Cottage on Friday. We had a little retirement/Christmas party for her at the shop. She has been with us for years, and we will all miss her. I helped put out the last of the cemetary arrangements that afternoon, and just spent the afternoon visiting with employees and customers. It was a fun day.

Sunday brought the Christmas Cantata at church. The choir did a wonderful job. The music was absolutely beautiful. I didn't stay for the luncheon afterwards. I'm still a little afraid of lots of people massed together in a small space.

I started Christmas shopping on Monday, but "chemo brain" took over. I have to admit I've been a little loopy/goofy since this last treatment. I went to Walmart to look for stocking stuffers, and ended up buying Christmas outfits for the dogs. I couldn't remember where I parked, so I wandered around the parking lot for about 10 minutes, looking like a bag lady.

Elvis is now Puppy Claus. Priscilla is his happy Helper Elf. Tubby is the Greedy Reindeer, and Loretta is the Victoria Secret Christmas Angel. Don apologized to all four of the dogs for the indignity that I put them through, but I think they liked the attention.

Tuesday I had a surprise visitor, Hillary! She is a friend of Joe's, who's going through chemo right now, and staying in Mt. Pleasant with her family. We baked cookies, and visited until around 4:00, when Mindy came in. Mindy is one of Sarah's best friends. She drove in from Dallas to check on her Grandmother, and stopped by to say hi. I told the girls that I'm the only person I know who sees her children's friends more often than she sees her children.

I'm planning a quick trip to Longview this afternoon. I still haven't done the stocking stuffers. After that I think I'll call Christmas shopping done. This year Christmas at the Boggs house will have more to do with memories, than gifts.

I've enjoyed nice long telephone visits with several friends this week, and I can't express how happy that makes me. I'm baking cookies on Friday with my "borrowed" grandchild. The kids will all be in late Saturday night, and Christmas can oficially begin!

D'Auan lost her sweet Tynus on Thursday of last week. He had put up a courageous fight. I am praying that God will grant her peace. Hillary will have a treatment on Thursday of this week. I am praying for strength for her. Judy and Worthie are both through with their treatments for now. I am praying for their gift to be joy! I am thanking the Lord that I feel so healthy, and will have my family around me this Christmas.

Hoping all will have a joyous Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you..I know it is a busy time for most people.I lose my car at Wal Mart all the time..Hilda came , took me to lunch today, it was nice..We visited about the illness and death around us..so sad about OB. You remain in my prayers..May you and your family enjoy a wonderful Christmas together, we too will be just having a memory, and fellowship together time, my youngest son and his family will be moving to Japan after the first of the year for 4 years..I wish you peace, comfort and healing , may our Father bless you with all three..In His Love, Mary Anne

Anonymous said...

You're in my daily thoughts, and I'm so very happy to hear that your doing so well. Keep up the good fight.