Saturday, March 1, 2008

I really don't have much to share this week. I've been spending more time at the flower shop, and less at home-which is a good thing!

I'm still waiting for the volunteer liason at the cancer center to send the information I requested. Worthie, Judy, and I plan to be the meeters and greeters there. Don't know what the admin. people have planned for us. We will be having lunch next week, and I had hoped I'd have something to tell them. The center will be opening on April 22., I feel like we are running out of time! I understand we will have to go to a training session, and with our Dr. appointments, scans, etc., it makes time limited.

The election campaigning is going well. Don has really enjoyed the forums, and visiting with the people who live in pct. 1. Just a reminder, the election is on Tuesday, the 4th! Don't forget to vote. I did early voting at Don's insistence. I really prefer to go on the day. It is fun seeing everyone there. I used to make the girls from the flower shop go with me. They always said I'd vote over and over if I could.

Pops is still "hanging in there". He has not been able to go to church the last couple of Sundays, so that makes for long days for him. He has seemed to be much more confused since his bronchial infection in January. He had fallen and broken a rib through all of that, so I know he's probably considerably uncomfortable. Hazel took him to play bingo yesterday. They "bingoed" 3 times! Hazel was thrilled, but Pops was just glad to be there. If he gets to go for drives twice a day, I think he considers it a good day.

I've recently developed a "new" side effect to the cancer drugs. Joint pain has begun. I had hoped I'd be one of the fortunate ones and not have to deal with this. My hands and neck are the worst effected. The Drs. have given me permission to use lots and lots of ibuprofen. It is a temporary help, but I have to remember to take it every 4 hours or so. I've never been a pill taker, so that has been a struggle for me.

I saw Dr. Cuenca this week. She is Mt. Pleasant's new surgical oncologist. She has scheduled me for mammograms, and an MRI this Friday. We are going to find out what the breast cancer has been up to these past 8 months. Lobular breast cancer isn't always shown on PET, or CT scans. I haven't had an MRI through all of this, so it's probably past time. She did a sonogram in her office, and couldn't really see anything other than the clips left at the time of the biopsy. Hopefully we'll have the full picture by my next appointment with her on Tuesday the 11th.

Please keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you...I to voted early..Good Luck , Don. I keep you on my prayer list, it has gotten quite long these days, including myself, but I know God hears each name,and so far He has been answering in the Positive..Did you know the Bosa Nova is 50 today? I have little pieces of info like that, I don't why? I am 63 today, I am still older than everything..oh well, I feel 80 today, but glad to be alive and able to see to others...God be with you each day,and heal you completely in every way...Love, Mary Anne