Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I received the results of my MRI today. Dr. Cuenca could not see any signs of breast cancer. This is a good sign that the nasty disease has lost the battle for now.
I'll be having a little surgery in April, then a follow up of radiation. How much? Don't know yet. The doctors will meet and discuss my case later. The radiation can't start until after April 22, that's when the cancer center opens. I will be getting the radiation here. I still believe that the best therapy is home therapy, as long as it is the same therapy.
Plans are still on for volunteer time at the cancer center. I'll get to be a patient and volunteer at the same time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annaleisa, I've been praying that you would get a good report Tuesday. I'm glad that you've beaten that nasty disease, for now, as you say, maybe forever as one of your oncologists says. You have been an inspiration the past months as you've shared your trials and tribulations with your family and friends. Thank you for doing this, and keep on fighting the good fight.
Love, Mary Gail

Anonymous said...

Amen to everything Mary Gail said.
I have been holding my breath every morning when I checked your blog. Just relax and enjoy your spring Annaleisa! Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

May God bless you Annalisa..You remain in my prayer life for sure.Good Luck to Don, on April 8th. Good that spring is near, for us all...God's season's are like life..and when old man winter goes away,new life blooms out all over,and the earth is reborn..God is so awesome. Love, Mary Anne