Tuesday, April 22, 2008

On the road again


It was a fun weekend. Friday night some of my girlfriends and I got together for a quick trip to the winery in Pittsburg. Live jazz, good company, good food, and a glass of wine! It doesn't get any better than that! I didn't remember my camera, but I will next time!

Saturday was Joe's birthday, so, thinking that was a good excuse (and the fact that we had not seen him since Christmas), Don and I drove to Enid. Wait, I drove to Enid. Don worked crossword puzzles, and read the paper the whole way. I love to drive, so we both had a good time. Joe gave us a tour of the base, and downtown. We had dinner at a local Italian restaurant that night. The food was OK, but the service was horrible! I think our waitress and the cook were having a race or something. It was the fastest meal we've ever had out. Joe's glad he knows about the place now, he'll probably never go back.

We went to church on Sunday morning, and enjoyed meeting the people who have been so nice to my baby boy in Enid. Afterwards, we had lunch at Chili's, again a fast one LOL, and headed back to MP.

I basically just stayed in all day on Monday, worn out! We made a quick trip to Dallas today to do a little business, and have lunch. I'm glad we don't have to go over there as often as we did last year. Once in a while is fun, but two-three times a week isn't.

This is Secretary's Week, and the flower shop got a huge shipment of new flowers in today. I'm going to have to go check them out tomorrow.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather. I do believe that Spring is finally here for good!

Love to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl..good for you,I remember what a cute little guy Joe was..and now a good man..I am glad the Cancer Center is open here, for folks traveling so ill, is so difficult..Karen's husband worked construction on it..he is moving over to the Hospital now..My neighbor had breast cancer a few years ago, it has come back , Yesterday she found out the sad news, she will be going for more tests, When she said to me, I just didn't think I hear what I did, my heart ached for her..Please add Pauline to your prayer list..God bless you Annalisa,and keep you safe..Mary Anne

Anonymous said...

Happy early birthday Annaleisa, we love you!
Dad and Mom

Sarah Elles said...

Mad HTML skillz. My mom's got em. Go girl! :-)