Saturday, April 12, 2008

Post Surgery

As I said earlier, and I haven't changed my mind, lumpectomies aren't so bad! I'm taking myself off the pain meds, haven't had any since Friday at noon. The "uni-boob" came off yesterday afternoon, and other than being just a little uncomfortable where the bra hits the incisions, I feel like my old self.
Dr. Cuenca called last night with the preliminary reports from the pathologist, (drum roll.........) it looks like I'm all clear. The lymph node tested clear, it's all gone! She had told me that it all looked good just after surgery, but for goodness sakes, I was on morphine! Anyone who knows me knows that Annaleisa+drugs=not a good combo! I do remember Barry & Lana coming to visit this time!!!!!!
I never even took vitamins before all this happened. Don and I have had lots of laughs over our "med" boxes recently. I need one of those that are for 3 times a day pills, but I won't break down and get one. I would feel like the drugs were running me, not me them. My box is a simple Sunday-Saturday box, with just one compartment per day. I have to admit though that those poor little pills are all a bit crowded into their tiny cubby-holes.
Bryan and Roddy came in last night to crash at the house and see a Cory Morrow concert. I know I'm either old or uninformed when I didn't know who Cory Morrow was. Bryan said he played at the gator fest this past fall, I was there but unaware!
I'm not allowed to drive until Tuesday, when I go back to Dr. Cuenca's office. I'm not used to being told I can't do something. I'm trying to stay busy catching up on things around the house, and between naps, and the food network, the days have been going by pretty fast.
Wouldn't you know that our first volunteer training session is set for 9:00 AM on Tuesday, and my dr.s appointment is at 9:30. I'm going to run back and forth, and if I have to make up the hour or so I miss at training, I'll worry about that later. Maybe when the volunteer coordinator sees how I drive, she won't put me in charge of moving patients in wheelchairs-hehe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Analeisa, that is great news! I've been getting it in trickles this week and rejoice again with you. What a year you've had. Miracles do happen.
Love, Mary Gail

Anonymous said...

I saw you the day after surgery, you looked great,I didn't even know you where drugged...Great news. First impression I got, with you lying there in the Hospital bed, with all the packing,Dollie Parton eat your heart out...I feel like you will be up and running soon..with your great outlook on life, those people coming to the Center will be blessed to be met by you.Be careful going and coming from the Hospital, wash your hands, as I was there all week, while my son in law was in ICU, I came down with the stomach flu, I did sit in the children's doctor office a hour with my great grand son, could have gotten it there..May God contintue to bless you...MA

Anonymous said...

How sweet! What a great week you and Don have had. Congratulations to Don for winning the primary.
Wonderful news for you to have a clear biopsy. Who wouldve dreamed last June that this would be happening? So awesome!
Love you both, Kathy Spann

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news. You have been in our thoughts and prayers.

The O'Neils

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are doing well. And glad that Kathy put your blog spot out again - I didn't have it on Kim's laptop and wasn't able to keep up with you. We are in our 8th week in the hospital but Kim is basically recovered except for damage to her feet. We just have to wait and see how much they will heal. Tell Don congratulations on his political endeavors.
Enda

Unknown said...

Wonderful news for you and your family! I talked with Bryan Friday and I am with you...didn't know Cory Morrow either! Keep up your beautiful spirit! Lots of love, The Arnold's

Anonymous said...

Annaleisa -

I have not been in touch for some time, but I want you to know that I think and pray for you often. Every time that you have news, it just gets better and better! I rejoice with you every time - How sweet are God's infinite mercies and blessings! Keep the good news coming - Paula