Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The results are in.....drumroll, please! All clear!!!!!!!!!!

There was much discussion between Dr. Prakash, Don and myself as to the exact term to use. Don thinks, NERD, no evidence of residual disease. I think NED, no evidence of disease. Dr. Prakash actually used the term medical remission. Don, I'm sorry but I don't want to be a NERD.

The dr. doesn't want to remove the port at this time. He said that there is a 30% chance of a reacurrance. The gambler in me told him right quick that that meant there's a 70% chance of me being completely cured! I like those odds.

So, I will continue to visit the center every 4 weeks to have the port flushed. I won't see Dr. Prakash for 3 months, then will have a ct scan to see what's up.

Still no word on radiation. I'm hoping they are getting all the kinks knocked out of that machine so that it will be smooth sailing when it's my turn.

Gotta run, Joe is flying into Longview today and we're gonna make a fast trip over for lunch.
I'll remember the camera today!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Annaleisa, I am so happy for you and family. Wonderful news.
The Lord has blessed you.
Enjoy your lunch with Joey.
Love, Kathy Spann

Anonymous said...

So thrilled to hear the good news. I was about to call and check in when Kathy said there was an update. Answered prayers!

Mike O'Neil

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through typing in the name of the drugs my husband has been having into the search engine. I would just like to wish you well and let you know you are not alone. My husband has had 2 types of cancer and 4 relapses over the last 13 yrs. After many treatment regimes he is still with us and has just finished chemo. He like you also has a blog ; talesfromadeadman.com and he finds it a release just to type it all down, good luck and god bless with your future and you can survive if the mind is willing.
Ray

Anonymous said...

Your new birthday..May 28th...Now just go out and live...take it all in..Let the child in you out..dig into life with all you have, what a great new day..Praise God, because I really believe , from what I have learned about the cancer you had, you have received a huge blessing from Him..I thank Him for answering my prayers in your behalf..You are burning daylight, go enjoy...Love, Mary Anne

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and your family! What a difference a year makes! This is absolutely wonderful news - worth celebrating moment by moment for years to come!

I love the picture - it is a picture of strength, endurance, and most of all, God's blessings for 3 beautiful women!

Thank you for keeping the blog - I love it!

Love to all of you,
Paula Wilhite