Thursday, August 9, 2007

What a wonderful day it has been. I rejoice and am glad in it.

Plans were to stay at home all day, and get caught up on my correspondence. I almost met that goal. I still have three letters to write, and I'll be up to date:). Now, if I can just get to the post office in the morning, I'll be doing all the good.

The weather is absolutely beautiful, the sky is blue. What more could anyone ask for? I didn't walk tonight, our friends Barry and Lana dropped by, and I was glad for the diversion. We are going to get together this weekend, so that's something to look forward to.

Connie will be here in the morning to help me with bookwork, and thank goodness Mom is still here to help me in the kitchen. I should be all set for next week, with a freezer full of Magic Mineral Broth, (thank you Lisa) and purple hull peas(thank you Debi)!

I am so grateful for a wonderful day like today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed hearing you are feeling better. It sounds to me you have a great a support system at home..And I know how good Don can be...I remember a story he told me back in the 80's..about his long hair,when he was in college, and his grandmother picking him up at the Airport, and Barbara worrying about what she might think when Gran saw his long hair, Barbara always worried like that..Well, when Gran saw the young Don, she said" oh,Barbara He looks just like Jesus". Now I guess they both would be very proud of the man he grew to be...I have some more stories..but some I will not write down here, on Barbara..I loved her. Good for you Don, I know how very proud she is knowing how good you are to your Dad, and your wife...May God riches blessings be on you all...Mary Anne

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts & prayers!! I know tomorrow is you next treatment and I pray that they get easier everytime. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!! I love you guys and look forward to your next post!!
Mandy Stansell

Mica said...

Hi Annaleisa -

So glad to read that you are enduring the chemo well enough to keep up your blog! I think of and pray for you often.

Hugs
Mica

Unknown said...

Thinking of you today as you endure your second chemo. Keep the air conditioning "blaring" as you will need it. When you get home, you can go for your walk and put on your bikini for your evening swim! Maybe Don can even put on his speedo...
Susan

Anonymous said...

My mom actually has a picture of Don in a photo album from that trip to our grandmother's house. My younger sister is sitting on his lap (she was 2). He did look like Jesus.

Glad to hear things are going well.
Julie LeBoeuf