Thursday, October 18, 2007

1/2 Way

It has been a good week! The cousins came in on Sunday, and we had a wonderful, if too short day!!! We enjoyed looking at pictures, and remembering our all too brief times together. Laura, Lynn, and Page haven't changed a bit. I caught myself just staring at them. I can't express how much this visit meant to me.

I had an extra 2 days off from chemo this week. Don drove me to Paris on Wednesday for my 6th treatment. I'm half way through! Red cells, and white cells were good. Come to find out, the Dr. has decreased my dosage to try to give the white cells a chance to catch up. I think it must be working.

The side effects haven't been as obvious. I'm having more "hot-flashes" than feeling a tenderness to cold. Just 6 more to go, I'm willing myself through it.
I've spent the last day and 1/2 in the bed. Now I know all about Rosie O'Donell. Thank y0u E-TV!!!!

I am scheduled to have a CT Scan on Tuesday. Please pray hard for good results. My CEA levels can't be tracked. We'll know if the chemo is working by the results of the CT Scan.

I continue to pray for all my friends who have been touched by this horrible disease.

6 comments:

Tynus' Cancer Journey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tynus' Cancer Journey said...

Well it sounds like you are doing great. They had to decrease Tynus' dose once for WBC too.

I will be praying hard for the CT results--you go on Tues and Tynus on Weds--it is a sign--that things are going to be good!!

BTW, the Tamoxifen (sp) can cause hot flashes, some have them and some don't. But it they get too bad, ask your doctor about Effexor--it is an antidepressant--but they are using it for hot flashes now--usually 75 mg helps a lot--I take it--no hormones ya know--and it probably makes me a nicer person too!!

Praying and Praying

Love You, D'Auan

Tynus' Cancer Journey said...

That comment removed was me, BTW--some how I got 1/2 a post and then a whole one

D'Auan

Anonymous said...

Half way through chemo! Yay!!
Great news Annaleisa. Hope you are enjoying this great weather today in all its East Texas fall glory. So happy your cousins got to come. The years seem to fall away when we get together with friends of the past.
Love you, Kathy Spann

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the wonderful news..Not a day goes by in my life that you are not in my prayers...Lots of other illnesses around also, that are not very kind...lots of sick folks. I don't understand it, but God has His reasons, and I trust Him..It seems I pray day and night these days..I hope He doesn't tire from me asking for so much...God bless your days, with Joy,comfort and love.and very most of all healing...Love you, Mary Anne

24_racingfan said...

I just got a myspace thingy and saw your beautiful daughters pic and profile. She mentioned you and I thought out of respect for here request that I would read what you had to say and respond. It seems to me that today I know and know of several people who are going through the same thing as you are. One thing I've noticed is maybe one in five have the true courage to take this nasty disease head on and fight it like it's some form of terrorism. These are the rare few whom I chose to share with. Those who chose to give up and believe there is no chance I will not surround myself with, even though they have my deepest sympathy. I personally have never gone through what you are dealing with and hope I never do, but when you face this with your head held high and shoulders square with a look of determination, then nothing can beat you and others see this in you and will give them strength in their everyday bullshit issues. I hope you are choosing to face this horrible disease in that fashion. My neighbor and landlord is having a hard time of it and I never see her anymore and my heart breaks, because she is a wonderful beautiful human being, but she is losing the battle and worse yet she is giving up. "The Secret" works, please listen to it. RDG