Saturday, October 6, 2007

Resting Up

I guess I made it clear in my last post that I had to miss my last treatment in September. I was told to go home and enjoy myself. I'm still hunting for an answer to building white blood cells. Thanks to Don, we have the red cells covered!

If I was told once, I was told a million times to go home and enjoy life. How is that possible? I feel good, no pain. I rejoice in that, I am blessed. This could be SO MUCH worse. I talk to my children every day, and they are all doing well, happy is the word. Don is coping, and considering everything he is faced with, is handling this gracefully. I think enjoying life means staying in contact with all of the important people in your life. That has to be it. I have been able to visit with many good friends and family members over the past two weeks, and I couldn't be more grateful for that opportunity.

Lenice, my wonderful sister in law came to visit the last weekend in September. It was so good to see her again. We had "adventures" while she was here. Chocolate cake for breakfast and lunch is always a positive! I wish we lived closer, she is so much fun.

Don took me to Paris on Monday, October 1 for treatment. I didn't have to see the doctor. My red counts were perfect--the steak on Sunday night was the ticket! The white cells were still a little off, not as bad as the week before, but just a little down. I received a flu shot before my infusions. I slept through much of the treatment, woke myself up snoring. I didn't realize I snored!!!

I have pretty much stayed in the house this week. The sensitivity to cold wasn't a problem this time, it seemed I couldn't get cool enough. I haven't had as much of a problem with nueropathy either, I just didn't have the energy to get out. I guess you could say I bonded with the bed, E TV, the food network, and court tv. Ask me anything about Lindsey Lohan, Brittany, or Paris, I feel like I know them personally.

My next treatment is scheduled for Wednesday, October 17. This will be my mid-point treatment. I should be scheduled for a CT Scan at the end of October, to see if the treatment is working. In the meantime, Bryan is home this weekend, so things are looking up. The "cousin" visit will be here before I know it. I think Don is as excited as I am to see Lynn, Laura (what a surprise!) and Page. We are planning a Mexican food binge for the girls. I have plenty of book work to do, and Lenice loaded me up with must read books so I shouldn't be without projects for the next 2 weeks.

I continue to pray for my friends and everyone who might be touched by this disease. Please add the Fortner Family to your prayer lists. Jerrie was truly a wonderful lady, and I will miss her. Mindy Nobles, Judy, Worthie, Tynus, Hollis, Elizabeth, Wayne, John, and Paula, and their families consume my thoughts and prayers. There are just SO MANY, I know I've left someone out.
It can overwhelm me if I allow myself to think of all of the people who are touched by this horrible disease. There has to be a cure on the horizon. I continue to pray for that. It is what is keeping me going today.

7 comments:

Joe said...

hi mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Annaleisa -

What a terrific report! You are almost halfway - this is fabulous!

Looking forward to the blog when you tell us that you are finished!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers.

Praying daily for you -

Cheers!
Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey Annaleisa!

I think of you often and just waiting for the call when you tell me something you have seen on Food Network you want me to make...or attempt to make! HaHa!

In faith and hope,
Jeanni

Anonymous said...

Annaleisa,
I didn't realize you were famous. I went to the NPR site and there you were with a great comment on a blog. Don't you just love that site? It was great to see your name there.
Please add Kerri's mom, Sue Atkinson, to your prayer list. She was diagnosed with lymphoma a few weeks ago.
I am so glad you are halfway done with your chemo.
Milestones are good.
Love, Kathy Spann

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,I really hate that you have no energy. I am thankful you have the support and love you do..Not everyone has that.I keep you in my prayers. I am waiting for that great day, you write, remission finally. Keep swinging kid,the curves are tricky, I know,but keep swinging,the home run will come...God's riches blessings I ask for you and your family..Mary Anne

Anonymous said...

Dear Annaleisa,
I am so glad Laurie and Lynn are coming to visit! Please straighten them out if you can. Just kidding! Well,I guess we are all works in progress.

Love and best wishes,

Aunt Marie

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know how proud I am of you and your family for all your courage and strength! I knew your positive attitude would make a difference in your recovery and it has! You Ms. Annaleisa are one of the most awesome people I have ever known. I love you. Keep up the great work and all the prayers. Loved our visit and I am planning to come up soon. Carol