Monday, September 24, 2007

Skipping Treatment

I have had a good week. Bryan and Joe came in briefly on Thursday night. It might have been Friday morning, I'm really not sure. I got up at 5:00 am, and visited with them until 6:00 am, when they left on another road trip. Plans were to start out @ Graceland in Memphis, TN, then end up @ Wrigley Field for the last game of the season on Sun. night. They had other stops planned on the way. I'm not really sure where exactly they are now, I just know they will be back here Tuesday morning.

Saturday night Don and I had dinner at Luigi's. It was our first circle meeting for the year. It was good to see everyone again. It was a nice night.

Lana and I drove over to Paris for treatment this morning. My appointment was at 10:00. I finally got to see the Dr. about 11:15, and she told me I would not get chemo this week. It seems my white count is vera, vera, off! News to me, I've never felt better! The good news is that my red counts were good, and I've finally managed to gain a little weight. The Chemo Nazi says "NO CHEMO FOR YOU!"

Dr.'s orders for this week are for me to have a good time. I'm not in isolation or anything, I can go out to eat, or go shopping, whatever. I don't need to get on a plane, bus or, where everyone is crowded in, or be around anyone who is in the least bit sick, but I can get out, so I guess I'll just sit back and enjoy a second week in a row with no pump following me around!

My wonderful sister in law, Lenice is planning a trip up this weekend, and I hear that Johnny Rodriquez is performing at the fair this weekend. Talk about a blast from the past. Don and I used to dance to him back in our college days. Might have to go have a listen.

Please keep us in your prayers, we are going to get through this with God's help!!!

Annaleisa

3 comments:

Tynus' Cancer Journey said...

(((Annaleisa)))

It isn't uncommon for that to happen on the WBC, did they give you a shot to boost it back up? They give Tynus one every time he has chemo--maybe Neulasta?

Ya know that just means you got extra chemo to knock out the bad stuff!!!

Have fun this week and stay out of crowds--or make the crowds were masks!!

Love you, D'Auan

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you. You remain in our prayers, you have lots of friends at Northridge Church of Christ...glad to hear you are having a ball. You should ask Hilda, about Johnny R., she was nuts for him. Saw him in person. He doesn't look that good now, but neither do I...Karen, my daughter saw you the other day, she stayed away,because she had the crude, but said you looked great..she said to tell you hi..May God's mercy hand tight to you. Love, Mary Anne

Anonymous said...

I meant to write the week after Gatorfest but I had a memory lapse and couldn't remember your website. Age or menopause: that is the question! You looked so great! I can't tell you how glad I am you got in touch with everyone and so many of us showed up. I had such a wonderful time and hope so much that we will try to make it an annual thing. I found out Debbie Horn lives up here and called her. She sounds great. Mike and I decided that we need to get the "North Texas" group together sometime soon. I love this "reunion" stuff!!! Remember: my home is always open and my prayers are always with you.

Love ya!
Cheryle