Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Scan Results

Good news! Don spoke with the radiologist yesterday afternoon, and the scan looked great!
The malignant lymph nodes in my chest cavity have shrunk from 24 milimeters down to 13, which is normal size. The tumor on my eliac (sp) vein has totally disapeared! He couldn't find it anywhere. There is no other sign of any new growths!!!

I know it has to be a sign of the power of prayer.

I have 6 more treatments. We are going to speak with the doctor here in M.P., to see if future treatment can be given at the local hospital. The new cancer center is set to open on April 18, 2008. I hope by then that I won't be needing it!!!!!!

I walked last night with Don, and we both agreed that a weight had been lifted from our shoulders. This whole experience has been like a roller coaster. We just hold on and hope for the best.

The weather couldn't be more beautiful. With this little cool front the trees should start changing colors any day. I hope you all can get outdoors, and bask in the sunshine with the cool breeze washing over you. It is a real treat.

One of my cousins, Becky is coming up from Anahuac this Friday for a day visit. We never seem to be able to get together these days. I'm looking forward to seeing her.

I have to admit that I've learned a lesson through all of this. I used to live life planning 10-15 years ahead. There would always be time to see relatives and old friends later on. Now I think I really understand what living for today means. God tells us not to worry about tomorrow. I think I am finally getting it.

I continue to pray for Worthie, Judy, Tynus & D'Auan, Elizabeth & Wayne, Hollis & Debi, Paula & John, Mindi, all of my friends and those I don't know who are touched by the "C" word. It seems the prayer list grows daily. Please continue to pray for us.

11 comments:

Lee Colvin said...

You have no idea how happy I am to hear that you're doing better! I'll admit I was scared for you when I first found out, but after meeting and getting to know you, I had no doubt you would win the fight.

- Lee

Anonymous said...

Annaleisa,
I am thrilled! What great news! The Lord is so good.
Break out the chocolate or however you celebrate.
I do hope you can do your treatment locally.
Love, Kathy Spann

Mica said...

Hi Annaleisa -

This is FABULOUS news!! We know exactly what you mean when you say it feels like a weight has been lifted. When we got the news of Mom's remission last year, it felt like a new beginning!

Prayer is no doubt the source of your healing, but I'd keep eating brownies for breakfast just to be sure! :-)

Mom and I hope to see you soon.

Hugs
Mica
Eph 3:20

Tynus' Cancer Journey said...

WooHooooooooooooo

I just knew it would be good news.

Thank you Dear Lord, for our answered prayers.

Our prayers continue for you and for all of us affected by that dang "C" word.

And heck--eat brownies for breakfast lunch and dinner!!!

Love, D'Auan

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord for His goodness! God is so GREAT! Tonight I are praising our Father for His eternal mercies! It is a new beginning with so many possibilities for each new day.

You said that you now know the meaning of living one day at a time. I have also learned more about that way of life. If I feel a little disappointed about my day, I quickly remember that "each day is a gift."

Lifting you in my prayers for God's continued blessings and healing -

Paula

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!for sure.One day this week, I was praying for many who are ill,a friends mother is with Hospice this week, and it has been just awful dealing with it with her,but I was praying with all my heart and soul to the Lord, and I asked Him for a special healing for Annalisa, I told Him, I could tell Him nothing He did not already know,but I was pleading that healing would come to you, for you have so much left to give to His world, and beauty is one thing we need to spread, because of all the ugliness in it..and that you made beautiful things,and gave so much to those you care about...God bless you with a future serving, HIm and all mankind with your beauty...tears of joy come to my eyes for you and your family...Love, Mary Anne

Anonymous said...

Annaleisa, I am so happy reading your Blog today!!!! It is wonderful to read your good report and know how much better you, Don and the kids must feel as well as all your friends & family. Celebrate today and know that we celebrate for you and with you! Love, Carla

Unknown said...

Praise God for his goodness! What wonderful news for you and your family. Many prayers will continue for your healing. We love you! Susan and Kris

Mindy said...

Annaleisa, this is very good news--I know how elated and uplifted you feel. I'm impressed with how strong your response is, even though you still have a way to go with treatment.

Hugs and prayers to you, and warmest regards to all your family,
Mindy Nobles

Anonymous said...

Annaleisa,
This is great news. I am very happy for you. I had so much fun visiting with you in Anahuac. Bryan has shown me how to keep up with you so I will try and stay up to date and in touch. We have to get together again. Me and my family prayers are with you.

Lee Morgenroth

Anonymous said...

Annaleisa, I rejoice with you and for you. What an uplifting post you shared with us.
Love, Mary Gail