Monday, June 2, 2008

What I Want To Be

Bryan is still keeping us all on our toes!!!!!!
Sarah is happy, and doing well!

Joe is meeting his goals!


Last week when I did career day, a couple of the kids asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I've been thinking about that off and on since. I've pretty much met all of my early goals so far.
  1. I've been blessed with a great family.
  2. My children are successful, reaching their goals and getting close to their dreams.
  3. I'm not often bored, but often have interesting day to day challenges.
  4. I've had a wonderful, and creative career.
  5. I've had the opportunity to meet wonderful and inspiring people along the way.
  6. I'm happy.
I'm not much on bucket lists. It seems to me that a list like that would force me into a sense of urgency. I don't feel urgent. I'm not going anywhere right away. I have been thinking about what I want to do when I grow up though. Here's the rough draft:


  1. I want to play the piano like Jerry Lee Lewis. I don't want to be like him, I just want to play like him, with wild abandon. I want to pound out the notes with gusto!
  2. I want to sing like Janis Joplin. At the top of my lungs, and from the heart. Not church choir kind of singing, but loud, from the gut singing.
  3. I want to start drawing and painting again. I haven't done a sketch in years. I feel the need to paint green, red, purple, and blue dogs!
  4. This is the funniest one - I want to run a marathon. I know, I've lost it.
  5. I want to see Italy, and the Greek Isles.
  6. I want to master Italian cooking.
  7. I want a Yorkshire Terrier. She should be named Sally Field. That's the cutest and spunkiest lady I can think of right now.
  8. I still want to learn to drive an airboat. Look out Gator-Fest!!!!!!!!
  9. I am a realist, I know some of this list won't happen, but it's fun to dream.

4 comments:

Sarah Elles said...

Carmela Soprano says that she can't wait to see Miss Sally Field. It will happen. I'm sure of it!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. All of them, counting the one with you, Worthie, and Judy. What blessings in those pictures! The kids look great, too. I think about your kids and all of the kids that grew up together in the church and I am amazed! Where did the years go? I have a picture of Janis Woodson's new grandbaby to show you when I see you. Love, Kathy Spann

Anonymous said...

Dreams are wishes our heart makes...they say. And I believe what is in your heart,says more about you, than does anything else..I was told once,not to make goals to lofty,because you feel like you failed if you don't succeed. So I take one day at a time,and treat it as it were the last,that way I never disappoint me..We will always disappoint someone, but don't do that to you, the better you are, the better you treat others. You have the world by the tail,and you sound so wonderfully positive,just go with your gut..When you have 4 great grand kids, like me..you will be on top of the world..God Bless you always..Mary Anne

Anonymous said...

Hey, Annaleisa, I still pray that God will give me a strong, beautiful singing voice and the ability to play the piano, too. My mother-in-law (here for three weeks after a fall and broken hip in February) was just asking me about the piano keyboard that gathers dust in the corner. Maybe I'll play her a concert this morning. She's almost totally deaf, so she might be impressed!
Greece is on my list, too. We lived there a year, and I would love to revisit. Maybe we should go on one of the Mediterrean cruises that several from MP are on right now. What fun.
Love, Mary Gail