Monday, July 14, 2008

Fireworks, and the 4th














































My family is so funny. When I was first diagnosed, they all thought I would die within the year. Bryan planned a trip to NYC for the two of us in Dec., thinking it might be the last chance to do a road trip with Mom. He soon learned that Stage IV colon cancer didn't mean I was going to die right away, so he canceled the trip. Now, I'm not supposed to know anything about that first planned trip, but the Boggs Boyz aren't great at keeping secrets! He re-scheduled the trip for the 4th of July, starting out in Boston for the Boston Pops, and fireworks. We then took the train into NYC, for a few days. We saw Wicked, did all the touristy things, saw the Yankees play the Red Sox, and met up with Lynn and her family. It was a real treat. I'm glad I'm not dead yet!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're not dead yet, too! I'm also glad you went with Bryan. I got a new puppy, so no traveling for me this summer. You need to come and see my Delilah. She's a doll. Or maybe I should bring her to swim with Elvis.
Mary Gail

Anonymous said...

Hey girl you look so happy with your family and Elvis looks great in his bathing suit. Love you and miss you. Hope to see you soon. Carol

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing with us poor folks.boy that Lobster looked good.I think your family is one the best ever..and I know why..because I knew what you did for them when they were small.Those kids had great parents.You deserve that reward. I flew over NYC once, at night in a small plane..right by the Empire State building, over Lady Liberty..one of a kind place for sure..Only God knows when we are to die, I think He may be trying to show us all something here, with you..I call it ..FAITH..Love, Mary Anne