Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Relay for Life

Relay for Life, 2008 is now history! The last hurrah was last night with a pizza party at the CLC in Mt. Pleasant. I believe that so far they have collected $63,000! Not bad for a group without a central chairman. The great numbers were done with old fashioned teamwork. It was good to see old friends and make new ones. Judy, Bill, Annaleisa, Don, Worthie, and Richard were all in attendance.

Bill, Don, and Richard are heroes! They have stood by the Sistas during this past year. I overheard Don ask Richard, "Did you think we'd be here last year at this time?" We are all so, so very fortunate, and happy!

1 comment:

The Cooksey's said...

Hi Annaleisa, I am planning a 5K fundraiser for the new cancer center in MP that will take place in September...I would love to have you take part if you would be interested. Email me at utmandaj@yahoo.com for more info. :)

Amanda Johnson