Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm doing fine. We still don't know exactly why I had "the bleed". Self-diagnoses tells me it was just an unfortunate series of events. I won't go into it all now, but I know now what I'm going to avoid for a while! I did find out that you don't want to mess with thyroid medications. I'm back on mine now (took myself off in Dec. of '06). Swelling is pretty much gone, and energy level is finally coming back. I haven't had to do couch time all week.
The Chambers County family made it through Hurricane Ike pretty well. They were lucky. Mom and Dad lost 2 trees, that was all. I heard yesterday that one of my cousins has a shrimp boat in her yard. Of course on top of everything, supplies and necessities like clean water are hard to come by, and the power probably won't be back on for another week or so. I spoke to a friend from down there this morning, and her house flooded, but the good news is that her husband, dogs, cat, and horses are all safe. Another friend lost his house, hunting lodge, and all of his barns, but again the good news is that his family is safe. I saw the pictures of Oak Island on the news, and it's pure devistation. It is all gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. You are such an inspiration to me and many others!
Love Ya,
Mandy Stansell