Saturday, January 23, 2010

Scan Season

I've successfully made it through another scan season. I think the bone density scan is my favorite. You don't have to drink anything nasty, get poked with horrible needles, go without that first cup of coffee, fast 6-8 hours beforehand, or lie perfectly still for an hour before it begins. Who ever thought I'd become a scan connoisseur? I've now become a regular at the hospital registration desk. The employees all greet me by name, without checking their paperwork.
I've gotten the results of the MRI, and PET/CT. As far as I can tell, they both looked good. I'm celebrating! I haven't been so concerned about the bone density test. I figure, I can take Boniva. Look how great Sally Field is doing.
I'll see the oncologist Feb. 3. I'm hoping we can get that genetic testing started. Until then, I'm staying busy with everything I love to do. Life is good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All such good news. What a great way to start the year! So good to see you yesterday. Hopefully I won't have to call and get your hints for how to make the tests easier for 5 years. I'm sure you are an expert by now. Funny story I heard while pre registering. An older lady was brought in by her son to have a colonoscopy. They couldn't finish the test because she wasn't cleared out (if you know what I mean!). The son said Mother, did you take all those pills? She said I took one but it gave me the worst case of diarrhea I've ever had and I didn't take anymore! Ha!
As I told my mother after 50 it's all maintenance.
Love you, Kathy Spann