Monday, June 25, 2007

Scary Times & Skylines

Tonight I'm writing from the waiting room on the Oncology Floor. There is a beautiful view from this room. Even though we are in Dallas, I can see trees for miles and miles. The skyline is in the distance, and reminds me very much of the Miami skyline from my bedroom in Ft. Lauderdale. It is funny that I should choose this spot, after admitting how the Miami skyline contributed to my decision to come here for these weeks. I love looking at skylines... they remind me of how far we have come... and how far we have yet to go. They conjure up a ton of questions that I wouldn't otherwise have considered.

While I'm looking at the Dallas skyline, I can see rain clouds passing over... at any given moment, there is a portion of the city that is completely hidden by the rain. Then everything goes clear, but only for a moment. Then another cloud passes over, and the cycle resumes. I can only imagine the amount of people inside of those buildings that are affected by these clounds. This reminds me very much of Mom's recovery.

We had a tough day today. Mom started out stronger than ever. She was already awake and was finished with breakfast when I regained consciousness this morning. Sunny times. The doctor came to visit, and informed us that Mom would need a transfusion today. She was much less than excited about this. It was as though the rain cloud was beginning to cast shadows... then the nurses took longer than expected to get the transfusion started. The catheter stayed in, despite the doctor's promise to have it removed today. At 1:30, the transfusion STILL hadn't started. The doctor forgot to mention that an order of antibiotics must be administered prior to the transfusion. Mom's IV spot went bad, and we were limited on options... resulting in several bruises and a frustrated family. The rain was pouring.

It is now almost 7pm, and Mom has finished her 1st transfusion. She is resting quietly, and says that she feels physically better than before... the sun has come out again. Hopefully it will stay for awhile this time... I'll be sure and keep you posted tomorrow...

~Sarah

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. I am so glad to hear that the surgery was a success!

Jennifer (Bohannon) Amox

Anonymous said...

All five of you have been in my thoughts and prayers since I first heard about the cancer. My family and I know the power of prayer first hand. And as you have found, I know there is a truly remarkable God at work in our lives.

Becky

Anonymous said...

I am off tomorrow and will go to the blood center and give blood in Annaleisa's name. I am thinking of all of you and praying for you. I know the blood centers will need blood for 4th of July...perhaps all your friends could give also. Love Ya'll.....Carol

Anonymous said...

Boggs family, You have been in my thoughts and prayers but I haven't reached out to you. Please know that if there is anything I might do to be of help...just let me know.

I know you have many hard days ahead of you and I pray that the Lord will put His hand on each of you and give you peace. Vatra

Mica said...

Hi Sarah -

Thank you for publishing this blog for your mom. It is beautiful. I enjoy pulling it up each day as I anxiously wait to read about her progress!

Annaleisa is such a special part of the MP community. Know that our family is thinking and praying for your family every day!

Hugs & prayers
Mica Wilhite
Ps. 27:13

Anonymous said...

Greetings Boggs Family -

I said a special prayer for all of you today. It is so wonderful to hear about your family all pulling together for your mother. I can only imagine God's smile as He watches with approval.

Love to all -

Paula

Anonymous said...

Annaleisa, Don and family,

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. You have so many people here is MP that love you. Know that they are lifting you up in prayer to give you strength to endure the treatments you need to get well. My love to you all!
Nancy Carney