Thursday, June 21, 2007

SUCCESS!!! Now in Rm 319...

So, it's now almost midnight and Mom is resting peacefully. She is amazingly coherent, considering the day she has had! I'm very much surprised at how pulled together she is after the surgery.

The procedure went very well today. The doctors removed all of the colon cancer, as well as the affected lymph nodes in her abdomen (including one that was very close to her aorta!). Also, we were especially relieved to learn that the doctors were able to remove 100% of the affected part of her liver. It turned out to be 5cm! That was an especially delicate portion of the procedure... we hear that the liver processes a gallon of blood/minute! Thank God that the tumor was growing in an area that experiences the lowest blood pressure, and no main vessels were affected. No blood transfusion was needed.

There is only one small tumor remaining, that was located on a vein that was difficult to remove. We are very proud that the doctors honestly evaluated the situation and decided that the spot was too dangerous to remove. Instead, they clipped the tumor, and it will be eradicated with radiation.

After the procedure, she was transferred directly from the recovery room to her private room. No ICU. The hospital staff has been top-notch all the way. During the procedure, they gave phone updates every hour. They are all quite personable and accommodating. I couldn't be more pleased with the service, accommodations and care Mom is receiving. If you ever have a family member that is undergoing similar circumstances, I 100% reccommend Baylor Medical Center in Irving!

~Sarah

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!
This is wonderful news, I'm sure you are all very relieved. Thank you Lord for the wonderful, skilled doctors.

janna

Unknown said...

Good morning to all the Boggs'! What a blessing the surgery is through and you have been comforted with the reports. She is a tough girl and I hope recovery is swift! Keep her laughing and in good spirits! We would if we were there...
Love you all, Susan, Kris,Celeste & Zach

Anonymous said...

Praise God, He had to be there with her. Sarah, make sure she rests and tell her, many, many prayers are going up in her behalf.All things are possible with God..Mary Anne

Anonymous said...

What great news! Please tell her we're thinking about her! Thanks also for keeping us informed with this blog. Give your dad and brothers a big hug for me!

Hope to see you soon!
Love, David, Jaime, Olivia & Reece

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news...I know she is in God's hands. What would we do without computers...this is a wonderful way to stay in touch. Annaliesa is a fighter and she is going to get through this. Let us know if there is anything we can do on the home front!
Love to all,
Jack, Jeanni, & Colt

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah,
I cannot thank you enough for the blog! What good news! She is a fighter and will stand up to this great challenge. I am glad you are there and that she is surrounded by caring supporters. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Aunt Marie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful News~! I know that Annaleisa is on her way to recovery! It sounds like she is in good hands at Baylor. I am so thankful. Sarah- thanks for keeping us all updated. Blessings to you all.
Allison

Anonymous said...

Good News!!! Somebody tell Annaleisa that I'm doing the Poinsettia dance (she will know what I'm talking about!!) Lots of calls on Thrs. to send their prayers. Don't worry about the shop---we got it!!! The Kitty Boys say hi!!! Keep your spirits up and we will see ya soon! Love Ya
Deana, Felecia, Esmeralda, Seigfried and Roy

Lee Colvin said...

Hooray!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our wonderful sweet friend is as strong and as much of a fighter as we thought she is. Praise God for this great news...my love to all of you...Blessings to the medical staff for all their talents. Carol

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!!! Looks like He sent her to the right place to receive care! Way to go doctors! Way to go Annaleisa! I know all of you are so thankful.

Linda and Richard

DeAnna said...

Annaleisa is not just a fighter..She is a warrior! Annaleisa, everyone is pulling for you, and whatever happens with the shop, just remember we've got your back. Sarah, great job with the blog site..this will save us all some phone calls. Until we hear from you again, know that we are lifting all of you up! Take care, heal fast Annaleisa. (And I promise not to say that I have had worse places on my eye!)

Unknown said...

Sarah,
Hi, it's Wendy, Marc's girlfriend. Lee sent me the link to your blog....
Want you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm very close to my mom and I can't imagine what you're going through, but I know that I would be by my mom's side just like you.....you are part of your mom's recovery :)

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Mandy Stansell!! I am soo glad to hear that everything went so well! If anyone can beat it.....it's Annaleisa! Tell you family that my family's thoughts & prayers are with you guys. Oh, and let Annaleisa know that if she needs anyone to wreck her van at midnight, while out getting coffee, I am just a phone call away! Ha Ha! I love you guys!