Friday, July 13, 2007

I am so humbled by the concern of my friends and neighbors. The cards received have been greatly appreciated. Your prayers continue to make me strong.

We are now walking a mile every evening - weather permitting! I'm beginning to get bored with staying home so much, but don't really have a choice since my girls have "laid me off". Monday afternoon, I was told to go home from the shop, they had it covered and did not need my help. Can a boss be laid off? I am trying to make myself useful by helping with bookwork here at home. I also have piles of correspondence that I am working on.


Dr. Crim's visit went well. I will be going to the oncologist on Monday. Hopefully this will start the ball rolling, and we can move forward with treatment. It seems that cancer is a hurry up and wait disease. Anyone who knows me, knows that patience is not one of my gifts. Could this be God's way of showing me how to wait?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that you're out and about... I think about you daily; to which I have nothing but good thoughts and well wishes for you. Stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Dear Annalisa, good to hear you taking it easy.Yes, God does slow us down,in 1999,I was living a whirlwind life,not giving God the service He deserves from me.I got very ill,so ill I could not work over an hr. or so.I ended up the in the ER several times, and I hate hospitals.I had no other income, no ins. and I had no way to pay for all the meds, I needed,so I got even more ill, I threw myself on the mercy of my God, and ended up on complete disability, but I had health care, and a small income.With meds, and great Doctors, I am able to live a little longer, with a little better quaility also..But, I found out the most important thing of all.He wants us to depend on Him, not ourselves. I can not do one thing without Him. I had to say, I am not able, after many years of thinking I was was taking great care of everyone, and me..Just give it up to Him, trust Him, and say, I give...He will take care of everything and much better than you can..that is something else I learned.I messed up and He doesn't. I think about you everyday,I mention you to Him everyday. At 62, I feel lucky to be here, and in His wonderful care, I hardly ever get in hurry anymore,and wow the things you notice when you slow down. Love you all,Mary Anne

Anonymous said...

Yes, taking it easy isn't easy, but you are being very wise. The walks sound pleasant. I am proud of your staff for sending you home.

Our thoughts will be with you on Monday. Where is this doctor located?

Love,

Aunt Marie

Anonymous said...

We've been out of town most of the time for the past couple of weeks and hadn't had any news about you. We are so happy to hear that things are going well, Annaleisa. I continue to pray for your full recovery. God is great!
Linda and Richard D.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you today! I am glad you are in such good spirits. Keep up the walks since they help clear your mind and make you feel so much better. Praying for you and the fam daily. Love, Susan

Anonymous said...

Annalisa -- I am praying for your full recovery. I was told about your blog and have been heartened by the entries. Just know that more people than you could ever imagine are in your corner. Hang in there Champ! Kathy Zwernemann