Tuesday, July 3, 2007

It's been 12 days since the surgery, and I'm finding it hard to believe I'm seriously ill. I have not felt this strong in months. The only discomfort is from the staples that are holding me together, and that discomfort is not bad!

I am trying to walk every day. It's been difficult with the nasty weather we have been having, but I managed a 1/2 mile on Saturday afternoon. I'm still trying to get out of the house for at least an hour a day. I've been running errands every morning. I think the key is, pacing myself. I've been taking a nap everyday around 2:00-4:00, and I'm able to actually stay awake for the 10:00 news most nights.

Sarah had to go back to Florida on Saturday, and my heart still hurts for her, we had the best visit we ever have. I'm so blessed to be her mother! Joe will be leaving today at noon for Clovis, NM, Pops will really miss him. He has taken Pops on several drives, and just sat and visited with him. Bryan came in Monday afternoon, and will be here until Wednesday, we always laugh, and have fun when Bryan is around, he will be the one to transition us back into empty nest.

The next big day is Thursday, July 5. I'll keep you all posted, please keep your fingers crossed for us! Maybe I'll get lucky and can get rid of these staples.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how glad I am that you're doing so well! I hope things keep going up from here.

Take care,

- Lee

Anonymous said...

Way to go!

Aunt Marie

Anonymous said...

Glad your recovery is going so well. Keep up the exercise and good spirits. I know you will miss the kids when they are gone but aren't you lucky to have great kids! Take care and you will conitnue to be in our prayers..Enda

Anonymous said...

Annaleisa,

You are a champ! To walk about like that, and keep up your very fine spirits, and enjoy your kids and life so thoroughly, is just great. I am proud to be able to claim you as my cousin.

Love Lynn

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you on Monday! It was nice to be able to visit again with Joe. Call me if you want to take in a movie this coming week or to go out and have supper.
Jeanni