Monday, November 17, 2008

Results

It has been a really, really long day. I didn't sleep much last night. Don hates it when I get so worked up. I don't live scan to scan. I live everyday, but the 2-3 days before scans are killers to me. My attention span is nil, and my temper is even shorter.

Anyway, my appointment for the scan was at 9:30 this morning. I was up by 5:00, why I don't know. I couldn't have any coffee, breakfast, or even water. I finished the last of the lovely Banana-Barium Smoothie by 7:00. I was at the hospital at 8:30, and met Vicki there. We spent the next 1 1/2 hours waiting. I had to drink another "Banana Smoothie", and wait 30 minutes more before they could do the scan. We finished everything, and I was released at 11:00. We went straight to Sonic. Breakfast was calling!

I spent the next hour at home in bed. My radiation appointment was at 1:00. I followed that with another 1 1/2 hour genetic counseling session. I had blood drawn, Don showed up and we drove over to the hospital.

We had hoped that the CT results would be available. Unfortunately they weren't. We left my cell # with Dr. Twaddell's secretary, and I went home. I waited, and waited, until I couldn't wait any longer. Errands don't wait for much of anything around here. I went to the banks and post office. I wasn't gone 20 minutes, but I missed Dr. Evett's call. He left a message that the scans looked great!

I have a radiation treatment in the morning, but don't think I'll be volunteering. I feel like I'm coming down with the "East Texas Crud". I'll see Dr. Prakash next Monday. I'm hoping he'll be putting me on a 6 month checkup schedule. The results of the genetic testing will be back in 3-4 weeks.

Vicki came over tonight for a little celebration. I'm so glad I'm her "project". Life would be so boring without her around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don needs to chill and accept that you get worked up before scans and stuff. I know my sleep would be disturbed in your situation. I get anxious with the little medical tests, etc. that I have to have every year. I'm so happy that your scans looked great and pray that the genetic testing has a positive outcome.
Love, Mary Gail

Joe said...

Daaang, you're keeping this thing going... I never thought you would get into it.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous results! You showed that cancer who's boss!!
Sorry about the passing of your puppy dog. They do so become a part of our family.
Have a great Thanksgiving.
Love, Kathy Spann

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.