Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving with the Boggses

New for me this year was pie baking, but it wouldn't be a Boggs holiday without a fancy cake!


I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Ours was fast!! It seems like I cooked, cooked, baked, and baked some more, we sat down and it was over! Sarah wasn't able to come in this year. She spent the holiday in Atlanta, GA, with Frederick's family. The boys came in Wednesday. They were kind enough to help me pull the Christmas tree, and all the decorations out of storage. I finally finished the tree last night, but I still have boxes and newspapers scattered everywhere.


Radiation is still happening. I have 8 more treatments! I look like a boiled lobster! They are starting what they call "the boost" with today's treatment. It is a concentrated blast of radiation directed at the area where I had the lumpectomy. The good thing is that the part of me that is burned won't be getting anymore radiation. I've had 4 days off with the holiday, and I'm ready to get it over with!


I had an appointment with Dr. Prakash last Monday. Looks like I'm still on the 3 month scan schedule. I'll be having a Pet scan in February. Seems I have a cyst on the liver, and it needs to be monitored. It's probably nothing, but we can't be sure. The genetic testing is off for now. My insurance won't cover it, and I'm not willing to add yet another medical bill to the list. The good news I carried out of the meeting is that if or when I do have a recurrence, I will be able to use the same chemo I did the first time. I had really good response to it. The bag of tricks is still full.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.